SHAZAM myPIC STUDIO Debit Cards
SHAZAM myPic STUDIO allows you to create a personalized debit card featuring any photo you choose - of loved ones, friends, a pet or a favorite vacation spot. Whatever means the most to you will be displayed on your debit card. It's sure to be the favorite card in your wallet.*
How does it work?
Upload an image of your choice, following our Image Guidelines below, directly from your computer or choose from an extensive set of gallery images. Once uploaded, the image is displayed behind a template showing the fixed elements of the card. The image can be scaled, flipped or rotated until you are happy with the design. The image is even stored to make reissues a breeze. The card design interface is so straightforward you won't need instructions; and because it runs in Adobe Flash, it doesn't require any software downloading.
*Must have active R.I.A. debit card to order personalized card.
For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
Please do not submit any images that contain the following:
- Copyrighted or trademarked material. If you did not take the photo or own the image, we cannot accept it.
- Branded products.
- Provocative, lewd, or sexual content - including nude or semi-nude pictures of people of any age
- Celebrities, musicians, public figures, athletes, cartoons, etc.
- Violence, violent acts or any type of death imagery (such as skulls)
- Socially unacceptable or discriminatory behavior or signs (such as gangs, hatred, drug/alcohol abuse, graffiti)
- Profanity or other obscene behavior or gestures
- Images of money from any country including the U.S., where money is the central focus of the photo
- Images of flags
- Controversial subject matter such as political or religious statements and/or images
- Phone numbers (such as 800 or 900 #s) and URL addresses (such as xyz.com)
- Competitive marks/names (such as Discover, American Express)
- Any image where the content is not clearly comprehensive or discernible. This includes non-English text, images where the subject is unclear (blurry, distorted, etc.) and may be interpreted as violating the guidelines
- Any reference to the Olympic games
- Any photo that might result in non-acceptance or other problems at point-of-sale
What is a My PIC Studio debit card?
It's just like a normal check or debit card, except that you get to choose the photo or image that appears on the card. There are Image Guidelines, but as long as your image complies with those basic rules, you can create a check card that's unique to you.
Who is eligible for a My PIC Studio card?
R.I.A. Federal Credit Union debit card holders.
How much does it cost?
Each photo card costs $15.00. Any new, reissued, or replaced card will be charged the fee. If you are ordering the Mallards debit card from the image library, your fee will be waived.
Can I order on my phone?
At this time you cannot order from a phone. If you want to upload an image from your phone you need to transfer the photo to a personal computer via email or zip drive, and upload the image into myPic from there.
Can my joint account holders design their own cards, too?
Sure. Every card associated with the account can be customized by the individual cardholder. Each card will be charged $15.00.
How often can I change the image on my card?
As often as you like. You will have to pay a $15.00 fee to change your image and have a new card issued.
Does customizing my card change anything about my account, like my PIN number?
No. Your account, your PIN and everything else will remain the same. The only things that would change would be how your card looks and the expiration date since it's based on your card issued date. Once you active the myPic debit card, your old card will be deactivated.
How does my photo get approved?
Every image submitted is reviewed for compliance with the Image Guidelines.
What if my image isn't accepted?
We'll notify you by email if there's a problem with your image and you'll have the opportunity to submit another photo. In most cases, it may be as simple as selecting an image that isn't trademarked or under copyright. Each image submitted is subject to the $15.00 fee. You will want to be very careful that you submit a photo that meets the Image Guidelines.
How do I convert my photo into a digital photo?
You will need to convert your physical photo into a digital photo. If you take a regular photo into a photo processing facility, they may be able to scan the photo for you and put it on a disk. Remember, the image needs to be saved in either .jpeg or .bmp formats.
What size does my digital photo need to be?
Please use an image that is at least 840x840 pixels. Our design service provides a tool to re-size your picture to look the way you want it to.
What can I do to make sure the My PIC Studio debit card turns out as good as possible?
Choose a clear, sharply focused image, preferably taken at a high resolution. You can also use photo editing software to enhance your photo prior to uploading it; however, it isn't required.