The security of your personal information is always a priority at R.I.A. FCU. We use a variety of technologies and techniques to help ensure that your accounts are safe and sound. Unfortunately, today more than ever, there are scammers in the world that are trying everything and anything to retrieve vital personal information from you.
Whether you’re accessing the internet from a desktop computer or a mobile device, you may be at risk from hackers, scammers, and predators. You should protect yourself by making an effort to control those risks.
Here are some steps you can take:
- Do what you can to prevent unauthorized people from using your personal computer.
- Log off or lock your workstation whenever you leave your computer.
- Use a strong password. We recommend that you change your password regularly to something than contains more than eight (8) characters, using a combination of Upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Protect your password and PINs. Don't give your PINs (Personal Identification Numbers) or passwords to anyone, keep it a secret. In addition, do not record your PINs or passwords in an easy to find place.
- Install anti-virus, anti-spyware, and other internet security software on your PC. Use it regularly and keep it up to date.
- Be wary of emails you received from people you don't know and don't open any attachments they may contain. When in doubt, delete the message without opening it.
- Be aware of your browser. Make sure your browser uses the strongest encryption available and be aware of the encryption levels of the sites and applications you use. Also, make sure to fully log out of the R.I.A. FCU website and close your browser window after you finish your online banking session, especially if you're using a computer others have access to.
- Shazam Bolts – Download this free mobile app that immediately sends alerts to you for any potentially fraudulent activity on your R.I.A. FCU debit card.
Identity theft is on the rise. R.I.A. FCU has partnered with ID Safe Choice Plus to offer some assistance with this national problem. ID Safe Choice Plus is an identity recovery service that provides professional identity theft restoration experts to manage your recovery if you ever become a victim of identity theft.
We recognize how important it is to protect your identity from unlawful use and shield your accounts from fraud and unauthorized access. With that in mind, we want you to know that it is not our practice to ask for your R.I.A. FCU Username, Password, or MFA information in email. We only ask for your Username, Password, and potentially MFA Challenge Questions when you log into Online Banking.
Furthermore, you can be assured that it's not our practice to:
- Send email that requires you to enter personal information directly into the email.
- Send email threatening to close your account if you do not take the immediate action of providing personal information.
- Send email asking you to reply by sending personal information.
If you notice suspicious activity in your accounts, receive a suspicious email, or have any other form of unsolicited contact from individuals seeking personal information about your accounts, please report it immediately to R.I.A. FCU.