Visa Chip Technology - EMV
Enjoy the Benefits of Your New Chip Card
R.I.A. Federal Credit Union recently made the transition from magstripe credit cards to chip-enhanced credit cards. Chip cards are the latest in payment card technology, providing increased acceptance around the world and heightened security.
Here are just a few examples of how the chip card will make life easier:
- Use your card at millions of locations worldwide – Your chip card allows you to pay at national and international merchants where chip cards are the standard. In addition, the chip card has a magnetic stripe on the back, and you can still make purchases by swiping your card at merchants that have not yet switched to chip-enabled terminals.
- Pay with confidence – Your chip card comes with enhanced security and protection against card counterfeiting and fraud.
- Continue to enjoy your favorite benefits – Your new card includes all the benefits you received with your previous card.
- Video – Watch this video to see how easy it is to make a purchase with your chip card.
- How-to – Click here for instructions on how to make a transaction using your chip card.
- FAQ – Glance through our chip card frequently-asked-questions document.
New cards with EMV technology will be issued beginning August 3rd, 2015. Reissued cards will carry the technology beginning October 1st, 2015. Members can request a chip card by contacting the credit union in branch or over the phone.
If you have questions, please call the customer service number on the back of your credit card or contact us at 563-355-3800.