A checking account with no minimum balance and no monthly fees that pays you?? Get out! No, get smart with Start Smart Checking from R.I.A.
Start Smart Checking
- 2.00% APY* on balances up to $5,000**
- No minimum balance
- No monthly fee
- ATM fee refunds up to $25 a reward cycle nationwide**
- 3 easy monthly qualifications: 12 debit card purchases post and settle per cycle, enroll and receive electronic statements, and have at least on automatic payment (ACH) or direct deposit post and settle
- Option to sign up for CardCash and earn up to an additional 1% cash back on debit purchases processed as credit transactions (non pin purchases).
- Even if qualifications are not met, there is no monthly service fee
- Apply now
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 03/01/2014; the last dividend declaration date. Rates may change after account is opened. If qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle: (1) Domestic ATM fees incurred during qualification cycle will be reimbursed up to $25 and credited to account on the last day of monthly statement cycle; (2) balances up to $5,000 receive APY of 2.00%; and (3) balances over $5,000 earn 0.10% interest rate on portion of balance over $5,000, resulting in 2.00% to 0.19% APY depending on the balance. If qualifications are not met, all balances earn 0.05% APY. Qualifying transactions must post to and settle account during monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and settle an account. ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions. Monthly Qualification Cycle means a period beginning one business day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one business day prior to the close of the current statement cycle. Transfers between accounts do not count as qualifying transactions. Fees may reduce earnings on the account.
**Must meet qualifications.