Frequently Asked Questions
To reset your password, follow the prompts via ‘Forgot Username or Password’ after selecting ‘sign in’ in the navigation bar, or click here. You can also access forgot login from your mobile app. For further assistance, contact our customer service team at 800-742-2848. Our team is eager to assist you!
Membership at R.I.A. Federal Credit Union is open to our communities and surrounding areas. Anyone who lives, works, worships, or is a member of a fraternal organization in our community15, as well as civilian employees and military personnel (active or retired) of the U.S. Government who work, train or are stationed on the Rock Island Arsenal, or Ft. McCoy military installation are eligible to join. Contact us for additional ways to qualify for eligibility.
To report a lost or stolen card, contact us at 800-742-2848. You can also use your ‘card controls’ feature through your online banking or mobile app to temporarily turn your card off. To locate this feature from your online account, select ‘Debit Card Controls’ on the navigation bar. On your mobile app, access these controls under ‘more’.
The documentation needed to open a Business Checking Account depends on the type of business; LLC, Corporation or Sole Proprietorship. Each requires different documentation, but generally all require a valid tax identification number and the person opening the account must already be a member of R.I.A. FCU. For detailed information on documentation needed please contact us.
Business Checking Accounts require a minimum opening deposit of $100, and must maintain a minimum balance of $1,000. There is a fee of $5.00 if the balance falls below $1,000 at any time throughout the month. There is a $0.20 fee per draft. Fees may reduce earnings on the account.
Yes! Earn a healthy return on balances over $2,500 with a Business Checking Account.
There is a minimum deposit of $500 to open a share certificate account, and a $500 daily balance required to earn dividends.
Penalties may be imposed for early withdrawal. Fees may reduce earnings. See terms and conditions for full details.
Not only do we have a large selection of ATM locations, we also offer up to $25 in Nationwide ATM Fee Refunds³. This way you can use any ATM you want, no matter where you are.
Yes, our checking accounts are free. Enjoy no minimum balance and no monthly fees.
Yes, you will receive a temporary debit card at the time of opening an account. We will mail you a permanent debit card shortly after.
Yes, we offer debit cards. We even have convenient card features like Mobile Wallet, Mobile Card Controls and Contactless Payment to streamline your banking experience.
We have savings accounts for adults, as well as specified savings accounts for kids to educate them about saving money. These accounts offer kids rewards for savings milestones.
Yes. View the rates table for details on specific savings accounts.
As your share of membership, $5 must remain in your account.
As a member of R.I.A. FCU, you have a $5 share. When you open a savings account, this $5 is required to become a member. Therefore, you must deposit $5 upon opening an account.
Yes, it’s never too early to start saving! A parent or legal guardian may start membership for a minor child. However, the parent or guardian must also be a current member. We offer accounts designed for both young kids and teens.
When you open an account with R.I.A. Federal Credit Union you become a member of our credit union. We are a member-owned cooperative dedicated to meeting your financial needs!
To view your statements, sign into your account via online banking or the mobile app, then select ‘E-Statements’ from the navigation bar.
To find your routing and account number, log into your account via online banking or the mobile app. Select the desired account. Once the account history page has loaded, select ‘Account Details’ located directly below the account name.
We offer a Credit Builder Loan Program focused on determining the best route for our members to secure a loan. An R.I.A. loan officer will work with you to better understand your individual circumstances. For more information contact our team.
Buying your first home can be overwhelming. To make the process a little easier, we do have first home buyer programs available. For full details contact our mortgage team.
The documentation needed for a vehicle loan is determined by our underwriters once they review your application, but typically includes a copy of the title, your driver’s license, and proof of insurance. Our team is always here to help guide you through the process. Contact us with questions any time!
Membership is not required to apply for a loan with R.I.A. Federal Credit Union. However, you will need to become a member to finalize the loan. When you open an account with us you become a member of our credit union.
Not necessarily. We’re committed to the financial well-being of our members. We do offer risk-based lending to better serve our community. Contact our team for further details on how risk-based lending works with R.I.A. Federal Credit Union.
Our team is committed to helping you navigate the process of applying for a home loan. There are verification requirements that need to be met, but typically you will need some form of income verification. This can include a W2, 1099, pay stubs or your tax return. If you are refinancing your current mortgage, you may need your most recent mortgage statement. Contact a member of our mortgage team for more information.
Credit Card Questions
With some of the lowest rates in the area, R.I.A. Federal Credit Union offers credit cards to fit our members’ needs. While our rewards card offers great monthly incentives, what’s right for you depends on your goals. Our member service representatives are available to discuss your options. Contact us at 800-742-2848.
3. Smart Checking –
- APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 09/01/2018; the last dividend declaration date. Rates may change after account is opened. If qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle: (1) Domestic ATM fees incurred during qualification cycle will be reimbursed up to $25 and credited to account on the last day of monthly statement cycle; (2) balances up to $15,000 receive APY of 2.00%; and (3) balances over $15,000 earn 0.10% APY dividend rate on portion of balance over $15,000, resulting in 2.00% to 0.19% APY depending on the balance. If qualifications are not met, all balances earn 0.05% APY. Qualifying transactions must post to and settle account during monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and settle an account. ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions. Monthly Qualification Cycle means a period beginning one business day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one business day prior to the close of the current statement cycle. Transfers between accounts do not count as qualifying transactions. Fees may reduce earnings on the account.
- All Checking Accounts are subject to approval. Must meet qualifications.
- Must be a member to open a checking account. Some restrictions apply.
- Deposits are insured up to $500,000 with up to $250,000 in insurance by NCUA and up to $250,000 in insurance by Excess Share Insurance.
- View Smart Checking Qualification Calendar
- Qualifications required to earn rewards include: (1) 12 debit card purchases posted and settled; (2) enrollment in eStatement notice; and (3) one automatic payment (ACH) or direct deposit posted and settled.
11. Vehicle Loans
- Rates, terms and conditions are subject to change and may vary based on creditworthiness and qualifications.
- Loans are subject to credit approval. Restrictions may apply.
- 67-75-month financing available only on loans of $12,000 or more only on 2016-2023 model year.
- 76-84-month financing available only on loans of $20,000 or more only on 2016-2023 model year.
- For example, a 48-month term on a new vehicle loan for $20,000 at 4.64% APR, the monthly payment will be approximately $457.33.
15. Membership qualifications
- Persons who live, work or are members of a fraternal organization within a 30-mile radius of R.I.A. Federal Credit Union’s Davenport, Iowa or Wilton, Iowa location.
- Persons who live or work in Monroe or Juneau County, Wisconsin.
- Persons who live, work, worship or attend school in Carroll County, Illinois.
- Member of the immediate family or household of any existing member meet qualifications for membership; including but not limited to spouses of persons who died within the field of membership.
*Persons not meeting the above criteria of membership may still join the credit union if they are a member of the Svithiod Club of Moline, Illinois. Ask us how to join.